My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Monday, December 17, 2012

it's really only trespassing if you get caught


A pretty good week around here training wise…  and otherwise


Got in some good runs and possibly more importantly a bunch of flexibility and strength work.

I'd thought to do one more round of the FLCX Cyclocross series but decided against it…  I have loftier goals in the coming months better to focus on improving my fitness and condition as opposed to racing my bike like a 12 year old on a sugar high.

An image of what I missed


I'll be back next year…  hopefully to race the whole series.

Instead Saturday began with 3 hours in the gym… smart solid base training…

On Sunday I had 18 miles planned…  I decided to break it up into two 9 milers.

After getting up and doing some mobility work I knocked out the first 9…  during which my Garmin died at… well…  just before mile 6.


So…  why take a picture of my watch you might ask…  well…  this particular device works flawlessly with the exception that it is unreadable by my computer…

In the afternoon Judi and I went to a spin class after which I decided a run home would be in order…

Here is a map of my route.. 

my route, pace, and obstacles encountered more closely resembled something from Billy in Family circus that it did any type of proper running route.



Cool interesting things encountered:

&1.  A hawk with a frog in his talons
&2.  Crossing a 6" wide spillway at the end of a retention pod
&3.  Entering the back side of a construction site amid piles of debris and tools
&4.  Pretending that I did not see the security guard patrolling the site (I assume he reciprocated)
&5.  Successfully finding a trail that cuts  through the woods across the back side of our local university that I spotted on the satellite image of the area.
&6.  2 miles later finding this blocking my progress
&7.  Wading through
&8.  And finally stealing into the back side of my neighborhood by slipping between the fences.


A pretty fun day…


2 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

Nice work on the 18 miles, even if you had to wade through a RIVER! I kinda like a new route that takes you all over the place. It's less boring.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

One the coolest parts of training is exploring!!

Followers