My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Spin Cycle



Email from Friday....

From: Cowart, M
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 10:11 AM
To: Judi S
Subject: Friday!


Hey babay,


My mind is on the weekend already… 


Time to look at the hourly forecast…  and plan a ride route




Looks cold wet and windy….


Maybe 2x or 3x spin and fitness yoga


What do you think?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 


Well…  Judi was game.

0720 found us at the Y with cups of coffee in hand… and our gym bags packed for a fun-filled morning.

The first class was “RPM” I think…  http://www.lesmills.com/global/rpm/about-rpm.aspx

The instructor was a little hard to understand but the music was okay.

This was not our instructor…  although ours did wear a backwards cycling cap:


This was not us…  although we were just as thrilled.

We had about 45 minutes between our 1st and 2nd classes…  and decided to lift.  We di chest/tris and for the first time in months I was able to do 10x135# on the bench without too much pain…  sore pecs now…  nice…  I was a little self-conscious sweating all over the place in tri-shorts and a jersey…

The 2nd class was taught by one of Judi’s friends…  she is a riot and had a great music selection.

Between class 2 and 3 we only had 15 minutes…  I decided to run a quick mile on the treadmill…

Class 3 was taught by a lady I refer to as “Geritol Barbie” she’s a little older…  quite fit and a bit full of herself…  and by this time I was a little tired of the spin room.  The first few songs were not so bad but..  by the 3rd Kei$ha song I was about to go nuts…  I tried to poke some headphones in my ears deep enough to drown out the “Boots and Boys” but I found no relief… Judi’s iPod had no issues and she spun next to me in peaceful, Linkin Park accompanied, bliss… the class ended up being 90 minutes long too…  and the music got no better…

After class…  cool down and stretch Judi wanted to stretch more…  so I hit the treadmill for another quick mile…

In the end 190 minutes of spinning…  2 miles run and 35 minutes of weights… and we were off to Babies ‘R Us.

No we are *not* having a baby...  just picking up a gift for a baby shower...




Just about right for a training session… On a rainy, windy, Saturday in February…   but…  praying for decent weather nest week so we can get back on the road.













3 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thats alot of spinning classes in one day

I hate instructors who are full of themselves, just give me my sweat and let me move on, you wanna brag, brag after a race when we all want to talk about racing

Lesser is More said...

I have many memories of doing back to back to back spinning sessions and I also used to run or lift weights between classes. You definitely get sick of the music by the end of the last class! Either way, its a great total body workout when you can't make it outside. The key is definitely finding decent instructors that are cyclists and not just spinning certified teachers that make you do tons of non-cycling moves on the bike.

Matthew Smith said...

Thanks for following my blog!

Way to go on getting a tough workout in on a nasty day. The weather here in Michigan sucks most of the time, so I can relate. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get off the trainer and back on the roads. I checked out your race calendar this year, and it's impressive! Way to set some good goals. Blessings to you as you train!

Followers