My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Just a sucka with no self esteem...

“The more you sufferThe more it shows you really care Right? Yeah!”

-The Offspring

Woke up this morning…

Swung my legs off the side of the bed… as I fished around for my flip-flops at the side of the bed I could feel the pain in my calves… Decide… no run today

First few steps around the end of the bed… hamstrings tight… definitely not running today.

Sit down at my computer to check my email really quick… getting up is unpleasant… quads sore…. I’ll just ride the trainer tonight… no run… I’ll work thru lunch and leave early.

Get ready for work… grab my gym bag “just in case” as I head out the door.

Glance out the window a couple of times this morning… sunny…

Look out again around noon… looks nice but I’m too busy shirking… uh I mean working…

1215 I go outside and get my gym bag.

“Now I know, I should say no, but It's kind of hard when she's ready to go”

1230 I’m running… but just an easy 3 mile jog nothing more…

1240 decide to run the *middle* 3 miles at marathon pace

“I may be dumb, but I'm not a dweeb I'm just a sucker with no self esteem”

Trainer later... watching the 1992 Giro.... I don't know who's gonna win so don't tell me.

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Ahhh, those days sound all too familar

Followers