My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tempo Day

Today was tempo day.

The training schedule called for 6 miles including 4 mi @7:29 [gulp]

That looked hard…. But… I wanted to train hard so…

Mile 1 - 10:51 nice warm-up… but I had aches and pains in both legs.


Mile 2 - 7:28 – tried not to think…. Decided that I needed new training music.

Mile 3 - 7:35 – tried not to slow down

Mile 4 - 7:29 – began to have to put some effort into holding the pace.. forcing the legs to turn over.

Mile 5 - 7:46 – started in a hole… running along the railroad tracks it is easy to lose focus and let my pace drift… I did for .3 miles or so before I noticed… spent the rest of the mile trying to get lost seconds back.

Mile 6 - 10:55 – spent and wandering… just trying to cool down.

I missed the 7:29 goal… but… I can’t overachieve every day.

I think I’m sick… I’ve been looking forward to this run all week and will replay it in my head a few more times over the next few days.

No comments:

Followers