My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in review

By the numbers:
Swim: 255 minutes
Bike: 1936 miles
Run: 913 miles

Racing:
PRs at 10k (49:10) 10 mi (1:23) and 1/2 Marathon (1:47)
Hardware 3x 1 Sprint du and 2x Sprint tri (in the old fat boy division
40+ clyde)

Questions from the tri list:

-What one word describes your 2008 season? Does it match what you said
last December in anticipation of this year?

Rebirth.... Last December I doubt I said anything... could have said
uninspired

-What one word comes to mind when you think about your 2009 season?

Crescendo... my fitness and racing have gotten progressively better.

-Did you race any new distance this year or try any new type of racing
or sport?

I tried running while weighing less than 200# for the first time in a
decade.

-What was your greatest thrill or joy this year from training or racing?

Just that... racing... whether it was racing my buddies around the
office park... competing for hardware in the master's Clydesdale
division at our local tri/du races or simply competing against myself
during the fall road races.

Watching my times improve linearly with my weight reduction was pretty
cool too.

-What was your biggest disappointment this year from training or racing?

Jax 1/2 marathon.... I wanted to end on a high note with another PR.

-What was your favorite race in 2008?

Beaches Fine Arts Sprint Triathlon

This picture:

http://nickrussett.eventpictures.com/app/event/zoomPictures?eventInstanceId=14331&picture=3020960

and the fact that I came in 4th place in the 40+ Clydesdale division got
my competitive juices flowing again... and pointed out how fat I had
gotten...

No comments:

Followers