My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Weight and Fitness

today the discussion on the tri list was about weight and fitness.

I can't say too much about that.

I am, however, learning about weight and speed.

I can give you 18 reasons why I am running as fast or faster this fall as I ever have before:

Reason #1 - focused, consistent training
Reasons 2-18 the 17 pounds I have lost since May.

It is absolutely amazing.... how easy running is... and I *still* carry 199# on my 5'10" frame...

Someone asked me today what I thought about running 7:30's for a 1/2 marathon... I told him that I'm just 15# away...

Today was raceday… just me and Mark. Chris is nursing injury and sickness.

We decided to do 2 loops of racing. I gave mark 4 minutes.

I started out too fast… over redline by a ½ mile in… decided to hold it as close to that as possible and just see how long I could suffer.

When I saw 7:05 for the first mile I *immediately* slowed down… sometimes these gadgets can be demotivational. I caught myself and tried to get back into rhythm. Soon after I saw Mark ahead… I knew that I was going to catch him so I relaxed a bit and tried to push as hard as I could until the end of mile 2. 7:17 was not too bad considering… a good effort.

Enjoyed the cool down mile and nice chat.

No comments:

Followers