My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Monday, November 10, 2008

in the long run...

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

My run yesterday was not the positive reinforcement that I have been receiving for the past few weeks.

I ran twice on Friday… raceday with Mark and Chris got pushed to Friday which meant that, in addition to my speedwork on Wednesday I had a tempo run on Friday.

I was tired before we even started but… game on!

We did a warm-up jog of about ½ mile to our new starting point.

I gave Mark a 4:30 head start and Chris a 1:30 cushion.

I ran the first mile in 7:20. Soon after the end of the first loop I caught Chris… He was having shin splint problems again. By the end of mile 2 I had Mark n plain sight (7:40) and caught him in another quarter… then we basically shut the race down and jogged it in.

I ran again Friday evening after a quick spin on the trainer. Kara had missed her lunchtime run and wanted to get in a run. Basically a 10 and an 11.

Nothing on Saturday… did not eat well either….

I was determined to run 14 on Sunday.

Once again I ran mile 1 with Kara (11:57) then:

9:02, 9:17, 9:15, 9:13, 9:07, 9:29, 9:24, 9:22, 9:21, 9:43, 9:39, 9:38, 10:02

Caught Kara right on the 14 mile mark. Ended with 14.52

The run was hard. I tried to make it an *easy* run. The splits were ~25 sec per mile slower than the 8 straight sub nines from a week previous. I’m not going to worry about it too much. It was basically 13 miles at a 9:25 pace… but I really wanted 9:15

No comments:

Followers